Friday, July 18, 2008

umai

Yesterday we went up to the Aquarium in Nago Okinawa, about an hour away. It's said to be the 2nd largest aquarium in the world. I have to admit, it was pretty impressive. There were fish everywhere (go figure) in these huge tanks. In one, they had to have at least 50 different types of fish. They were all so bright and colorful and (freaky looking) quite lovely, I mean. I'll have to post the pics later ( I swear I will, on my dogs life :) ) . It was funny being there with a lot of Japanese. I kept hearing them say 'Oishisoo'-They look good!, and 'Sono tabeta'-I've eaten that one. They may have thought I was laughing at them when I started snorting...
Then we went to a place called Pineapple Park, were they have almost everything there made from pineapple (of course). Free samples (we were there for a while) of cookies, cakes, chocolate (milk and white pineapple chocolate --ooiiishiii so good), juices, even soap. I almost didn't make it to the car...everyone was like 'Rachel come on we have to go...' and 'Girl, put the the cake down, step away from pineapple..' , I guess me stuffing my face at every table did look kinda bad !!

1 comment:

Melody said...

I LOVE pineapple! I would have stayed with you and sampled everything! =)