Friday, May 16, 2008

Its a lot harder to keep up with this blog than I thought it would be. From here on out, I'll try to write every 2-3 days. So, I went to two services this week. The music is a little different than what I'm used to, but you've got to work with what you've got . They don't have any musicians right now, so, they use a floppy disc loaded with songs ( older ones from hymn books) and put them into the keyboard to play during service. There are about 40 people in the church, that includes 10 or so Okinawans. They are really hungry for the truth, so keep us in your prayers.


I went to some old WWII tunnels this week. The whole network of tunnels were dug with hand tools by the Japanese soldiers during the war. It was huge!!This is a pic showing how they dug.This is the tunnel entrance.This is the same entrance looking up.This is a picture of the wall riddled with a hand grenade when 4000 Japanese soldiers committed suicide to prevent being taken by American troops.

This is more of the tunnel. It was so crowded in the tunnels that the soldiers had to sleep standing up.
These are pictures of the city of Naha. It looks like this any angle you turn, no such thing as empty space here.
I watched the Wed. night service (on Thursday morning), good to see Amber and Katie , Welcome Back!!!! You girls did good on your testimony and translation, I hope I can do that when I get back :}. It was funny to see Ephraim do announcements :*D . I was going to laugh but I thought he might hear me (lol), and get nervous. But... good job anyway!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks! I'm sure you will do an awesome job! The tunnels are interesting...4000 people..wow! Are you going to be able to travel around Japan any?

Tina said...

Wow...interesting pics. Keep them coming..

Sakura90 said...

I wanted to go back to Toyko but I dont know how that would fit into my budget...we'll see ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I just got your blog addy......and I have really enjoyed reading all the cool stuff you have been doing. It looks like you are having a blast!

I'm sure you will do great on your testimony....even if you do mess up a little...no one will understand a thing you are saying ....so it's all good! ;)

I know I'm commenting reallllllly late...but I guess it is better late then never. :)

I'll see ya soon!

-Katie